Friday, June 24, 2011

Candy Sushi

Gummy worm eel roll
This is a FANTASTIC and delicious "activity".  Ok so it is not that healthy, but it is great for a rainy day. Of course, then your kids are hype up on sugar so maybe not so good. We have this for parties and special occasions. The kids love it and I do too. Yes, I make sushi with them. I love fruit roll-ups (one of my guilty pleasures) and rice krispy treats. Even more, I love rice crispy treats with fruit roll ups and gummy worms. So yes, I admit it; not only do I make them, I eat them too. So does Steven when no one is looking!

Sushi Supplies
Gummy Bears
Fruit Roll Ups
Gummy Worms
Gummy Fish
Nerds
Colored Sugar
Anything else you have around

"Veggie Roll"

Rice Krispy Sushi Base

4 Tbsp of Butter
4 C of Miniature Marshmallows or One Package of Large Marshmallows (10 oz/283 g)
6 Cups of Crisp Rice Cereal

Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and spray the parchment paper with nonstick cooking spray.
Place butter in a large microwave-safe bowl, and microwave until melted, about 45 seconds.
Lots of marshmallows

Add marshmallows to the bowl and microwave until the marshmallows are completely melted, microwave at 30 seconds intervals (stir each 30 seconds). Stir the mixture until it is completely smooth.
Melted marshmallows and butter
Add the rice cereal and stir until completely coated. Immediately pour mixture out onto the prepared baking sheet.
Rice crispy mixture ready to be made into sushi
Spray your hands with nonstick cooking spray (or rub them with butter), and begin to make your sushi. Use your imagination and have fun. Take some rice crispy marshmallow gooeyness and make a shape and roll it in sugar or put a fruit roll-up around it. No matter how ugly or gorgeous it looks; it will taste great! There is no judging at the sushi making table only praise. The only limitation is your imagination.
More sushi rolls
The bottom line: will I make this again? Are you kidding? Of course I will. I may be recruiting kids to make it with when Katie leaves for college.

No comments:

Post a Comment