Thursday, September 15, 2011

Cream Cheese Brownies

Cream cheese brownies
 There are some foods that I only make from scratch; for instance, tomato sauce, chocolate chip cookies, and vanilla.  Yes, I make my own vanilla and yes, it is much better than store bought.
Sometimes I use mixes and "dress them up" and the result is just as good as completely from scratch. Cream cheese brownies are one of those dressed up foods. I use Betty Crocker's  Family Sized Dark Chocolate Brownie Mix for these brownies. I like the combination of dark chocolate with the creaminess of cheesecake.

Cream Cheese Brownies

Cream Cheese
8 oz. (226 g) Cream Cheese, Softened
1/3 Cup (67 g) of Granulated Sugar
1 Large Egg
1 Tsp of Vanilla

Beat the ingredients until creamy.
Cream cheese filling
Brownies

Grease the bottom of a 13 x 9  (33 x 23 cm) cake pan. Preheat oven according to package directions.
Make brownies according to package directions.
I hand mix the brownies
Pour brownie mix into cake pan and smooth. Drop the cream cheese mixture by spoonfuls into the brownies.
Cream cheese filling on top of the brownies
Leave space between the spoonfuls of cheesecake. Take a butter knife and run through the cheese cake making a swirl. Bake for the amount of time on the brownie mix box.

Swirling the cream cheese mixture
The bottom line: Will I make this again? Does this question even need to be asked? The bigger question is to frost or not to frost.....

No comments:

Post a Comment