Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream

Strawberries, beautiful strawberries
This is the real stuff. So good and so rich. It is also really really easy. It is not a cooked ice cream so I use egg substitute when I can't find pasteurized eggs. This is an amazing ice cream. I don't have pictures of the process because my camera battery died. I did not want to delay posting because you need to make this. Trust me.


2 Large Eggs (I used egg substitute 1/2 cup (120 ml))
3/4 Cup (150 g) of Sugar
2 Cups (480 ml) of Whipping Cream
1 Cup (240 ml) of Milk
4 oz (113 g) of Cream Cheese
1 Cup (170 g) of Strawberries, Diced

Place eggs or eggs substitute in a mixing bowl. Mix for several minutes until light and fluffy. Slowly add sugar and beat until it is dissolved. Add the cream and milk and blend until combined. Break off pieces of cream cheese and beat in. Add diced strawberries and mix until combined. Add to a ice cream machine. (Mine overfilled so we ate/drank the mixture just like an incredibly rich smoothie).

The bottom line: will I make this again? Yes. I just need to scale back the sugar and cream next time so my ice cream maker doesn't overfill.

No comments:

Post a Comment