Sunday, July 13, 2014

Pineapple Cucumber Salsa

Pineapple Cucumber Salsa
I love this stuff. I serve it with chips.  It is also incredible with grilled fish or chicken.  If you like it hot use two jalapeños or a hotter pepper. The last time I made this we were especially rich in cucumbers so I used several. Looking at these pictures, my cucumber should have been diced (the cumber looks more chopped than diced). I have also been known to use more cilantro. Actually, I have been making this so long I just approximate the amounts.

Pineapple Cucumber Salsa

1 Fresh Pineapple, Diced
1 Cucumber, Peeled, Seeded, and Diced
¼ Cup (60 ml) of Lime Juice
¼ Cup (40 g) of Red or Sweet Onion, Diced
2 Tbsps of Cilantro, Chopped
1 Jalapeño Pepper, Minced
1 Clove of Garlic, Minced
1 Tsp of Sugar
1 Tsp of Lime Zest
¼ Tsp of Salt

Place the pineapple, cucumber, lime juice, onion, and cilantro in a large bowl (I was transporting this to a pot luck dinner so I placed all of the ingredients into a large plastic bag and then poured it into a bowl when I got there). 
I used a plastic bag for easy and spill-free transport
In a smaller bowl combine the remaining ingredients. Combine with the pineapple and cucumber combination.  I like to refrigerate the salsa for a couple of hours for the tastes to mingle before serving.

The bottom line: will I make it again? Yes. Love it.



No comments:

Post a Comment