Friday, May 27, 2011

Banana Bread

Finished banana bread
I have a confession to make. I don't like bananas. I never have. I think it is a texture thing or a taste thing or the smell..... It is challenging for me to make something I don't eat. Somehow, I seemed to be surrounded by banana bread lovers so what can you do? Make banana bread that's what.
In the last two weeks, I made banana bread two times: in Nashville and right after I got home. Both times it was devoured. They told me it was good; so I will take their word for it. It was easy to make once I got past the mashing of the bananas.
Bananas ready to be mashed
 Bananananananana Bread
1/2 Cup (113 g) of Unsalted Butter, Softened
1 Cup (200 g) of Brown Sugar, Packed
2 Large Eggs
1 Cup (3 Bananas) Ripe Bananas, Mashed
2 Tsp of Vanilla
1 Cup (120 g) of Whole Wheat Flour
1 Cup (120 g) of Unbleached White Flour
1 Tsp of Baking Soda
1/2 Tsp of Salt
1/2 Cup of Chopped Walnuts (60 g) or Mini Chocolate Chips (85 g)

Preheat oven to 350F/176C/ Gas Mark 4. Grease a 9x5 loaf pan. Mash the bananas.
Mashed bananas
Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl and set aside. In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, bananas, and vanilla to the mixing bowl and beat until combined.
Mixing the ingredients
Blend the dry ingredients into the banana mixture (I do this by hand) and fold in the walnuts/chocolate chips.
Adding the chocolate chips
Pour into the prepared loaf pan.
In the loaf pan and in the oven
Bake in preheated oven for 60 minutes.

The bottom line: Will I make this again? I am sure I will. I just don't know if I will ever eat it!

1 comment:

  1. Oh but it's SOOOO good! And now I want banana bread....

    ReplyDelete