Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Black Bean Salsa

All that lovely avocado
I think this is the salsa version of the dump cake; everything gets dumped into a bowl and then eaten. It is so easy and so good. I rarely make it because I will sit and eat the entire bowl. It is embarrassing. As I was typing this up, Steven reminded me that I sat in front of this bowl and ate it.
Lovely fresh sweet corn


Black Bean Salsa
2 Cans (29 oz. 822 g) of Black Beans, Rinsed and Drained
5 Ears of Corn, Cut off the Cob
1 Bunch of Cilantro, Diced
2 Cups (455 g) of Tomatoes, Diced
1 Red or Green Pepper, Diced
3 Cloves of Garlic, Minced
1/4 Tsp Red Pepper Flakes or Hot Pepper, Diced
1/4 Tsp Chipotle Chile Pepper
1/2 Cup of Lime Juice
1/2 Tsp of Cumin
2 Avocados, Diced

Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl (except for the avocado).
All of the ingredients except the avocado

Refrigerate until ready to serve. When ready to serve, mix in avocados.


The bottom line: will I make this again? Yes, I love this. I am now craving it again. I need a party to take it to.....



No comments:

Post a Comment