Sunday, January 9, 2011

Spiced Apple Cranberry Cider

It's snowing in Tulsa- time to make some spiced cider
It's a cold wintry day in Tulsa so I decided to warm us up with some hot spiced cider. Not just any cider- apple cranberry cider. I love cranberry juice and I think it makes a great addition to spiced cider. I also love the way it makes our house smell.  


Recipe

4 Quarts (2 Liters) Apple Cider
2 Quarts (2 Liters) of a Cranberry Juice Blend
Rind of One Orange
1 Cinnamon Stick
1 Tsp of Whole Cloves
1/2 Tsp Whole Allspice
1/8 Tsp Ground Nutmeg
1/4 Cup (53 g) of Brown Sugar


Combine all ingredients in a large saucepan over low/medium heat and simmer for a couple of hours. (Some people who are tidier than I am put the spices in cheesecloth tied with string so the spices can be easily removed). You could also put in a crock pot and set it on low. Your house will smell amazing!


Note-  I like my spiced cider tart so I added a lot of cranberry juice. If you don't like your cider as tart, half the amount of cranberry juice you add. Katie (my daughter who is also my official taste tester) has declared it "wonderful."

To make this an adult beverage- add dark rum, bourbon, tuaca, or spiced rum (to taste) to each glass.

No comments:

Post a Comment