Thursday, February 3, 2011

Lemon Asparagus Pasta

 Lemon, bacon, sweet onions, a bit of heat, cheese, and pasta - these are a few of my favorite things. Also they are just the things that I need when I am coming down with cabin fever. It is one thing to live in a climate where they are used to snow and get a large snow fall. It is another thing to live in Tulsa and get hammered with snow. I am being to wonder if the city even owns a snow plow. Thankfully, I have a lot of food in the house and plenty of recipes to create. Here is my latest creation. I hope you like it!


Lemon Asparagus Pasta

3 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Cup (191 g) of Chopped Onions
3 3/4 Ounces (105 g) Chopped Bacon or Pancetta
6 Ounces (170 g) Asparagus, Chopped into Pieces 
1/4 Tsp Pepper Flakes
Zest of One Lemon
Juice from 1/2 of a Lemon
1/3 Cup (38 g) of Shredded Parmesan Cheese
Salt and Pepper, to Taste

Boil salted water for pasta and cook pasta according to directions. Heat the olive oil over medium low heat and add onions.


Saute briefly and add bacon. Salt and pepper the sizzling bacon and onions. Saute bacon and onions over low heat until onions caramelize.




Add asparagus, pepper flakes, lemon zest and lemon juice. Saute for approximately 4 minutes (asparagus will still be crisp).

 

 Place pasta in bowls, tops with bacon asparagus mixture and top with Parmesan cheese.

Bottom line: Will I make it again? Yes, it has the tastes we love. It is an easy pasta sauce. In the time it cook the water to heat up and cook the pasta, the sauce was done (and that included all of the prep work- I was like a tornado in the kitchen). Part of the reason I blogged the recipe is so I can find it and make it again. Will I do anything differently? Maybe. I may reduce the olive oil and add the bacon with the onions so I can reduce the amount of oil in the recipe. But then again, maybe not.

No comments:

Post a Comment