Tuesday, January 17, 2012

My Favorite Meatballs

Spaghetti and meatballs
Katie loves spaghetti with sweet tomato sauce and meatballs. I do too. These are my favorite meatballs. It is the bread soaked in milk that makes the difference. These are amazing and so easy to make. Make sure that you use a good quality bread. I like to use potato bread. If we ever had any left over I would freeze them.

Meatballs
2 Pieces of Bread
3/4 Cup (180 ml) of Milk
2 lbs (.9 kg) of Ground Beef
1 Egg
1/2 Tsp of Salt
1/2 Tsp of Black Pepper
1/2 Tsp of Garlic Powder
1 Tsp of Dried Parsley

Preheat oven to 400F/204C/Gas Mark 6. Tear the bread into pieces and place it in a bowl. Pour the milk over the bread. Let the bread soak up the milk for approximately 5 minutes.

Bread and milk
Rub the bread into small pieces. Add the remaining ingredients and mix until well combined.
All ready to be mixed
Form into small meatballs and place on cookie sheets.
Meatballs ready to be baked
Bake until cook though about 20 minutes.
Lovely meatballs
The bottom line: will I make this again? Yes these are the best meatballs ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment