Friday, January 13, 2012

Orangecello

Zesting a clementine
I love limoncello. When I started making limoncello, one of my friends told me that she had made orangecello. She told me that it was great. I noticed clementines were on sale at the grocery store. They are so delicious. I bought two small crates. I decided to turn one crate into orangecello.


Orangecello

1 Bottle (750 ml) of Vodka
16 Clementines or 8 Oranges

Zest in a jar
Wash the clementines or oranges. Carefully zest the clementines or oranges and place the zest in a large glass container. I use a mason jar. Pour in the vodka. Store in cool dark place for 1 to 2 weeks, shaking the jar every couple of days.

Vodka and zest
Orange Simple Syrup
Straining orange juice
5 Cup Water
4 Cups Sugar
1 Cup Orange Juice, Strained
Orange simple syrup

In a medium saucepan, combine the water and sugar. Heat until the sugar is completely dissolved.  Let the mixture cool completely and add the orange juice.

Zest and vodka
Making Orangecello

Pour the vodka and zest through a strainer into a large bowl. Add the orange simple syrup and pour into bottles. Refrigerate and enjoy!
Finished orangecello
The bottom line: will I make this again? Yes. Yummy. I may like limoncello more but it is a close call.

No comments:

Post a Comment