Sunday, October 21, 2012

Cookie Brownies

Katie devouring a cookie brownie
I absolutely love these. They are one of my top ten favorites-- well, top twenty desserts. I have a lot of favorite desserts and they change order of preference depending on my mood. They are delicious and they are so easy to make. They are a layer of brownies with a layer of cookie on top. The brownies are then cooked and the result is incredible. I craved these for two to three weeks before I gave in and made them.
I usually make them with a boxed brownie mix and cookies from scratch. Any kind of brownie will work and I have used all kinds of drop cookies. I like chocolate chip and peanut butter.  Want something different? Reverse it and use blonde brownies and white choclate chip cookies.

Cookie Brownies

Preheat oven to 350F/176 C/ gas mark 4. Line a 9x13 inches (23 x 33 cm) baking pan with parchment paper or foil. Use enough so that paper/foil goes up the sides of the pan. Lightly grease the paper/foil.




Brownie Layer

Make your favorite brownie (make enough for a 9x13 pan). I like using a fudge brownie mix. If I am using a peanut butter cookie for the cookie layer (without chips), I put chocolate chunks or chips in the brownie batter.

Making brownies

Pour the brownie mixture into the prepared pan.
Layer of brownie


Cookie Layer

Make your favorite cookie dough and drop into the top of the brownie layer.

Cookie layer
Bake for 35- 50 minutes until the middle is set. I like a gooier layer of cookie so I bake it for around 40 minutes. Cool.

Finished cookie brownies

If desired top with peanut butter frosting, chocolate ganache, or melted chocolate chips.

Cookie brownie!

The bottom line: do I really need to ask it? Yes, I will make these again.

No comments:

Post a Comment