Sunday, July 12, 2015

Greek 7 Layer Dip

Not only is it delicious; it is also pretty
We love the Mexican seven layer dip, and my family often requests it. I wanted something a little different so I came up with a Greek twist on a favorite family dish. And you know what?  This is a great dip.  It is so easy to make.  I serve it with pita chips (and when I run out we switch to chips). You can make the hummus or if you are running short on time (I often am) pick up some pre-made hummus.


Greek 7 Layer Dip

10 oz Hummus

Tzatziki
1/2 Cup (55 grams) Cucumber, Peeled, Seeded and Diced
1 Cups (225 grams) Plain Greek Yogurt
2 Cloves of Garlic, Sliced
2 Tsp White Wine Vinegar
A Couple Sprigs of Fresh Dill
A Couple Sprigs of Fresh Mint

1 Pint of Cherry Tomatoes, Diced
1 Cup (110 grams) Cucumber, Diced
1/3 Cup (80 grams) Kalamata Olives, Sliced
6 oz (170 grams) Feta Cheese, Crumbled
Several Sprigs of Parsley, Finely Chopped

Spread hummus evenly on a 9 inch pie plate.  Mix the tzatziki ingredients together in a food processor and spread on top of the hummus.

Making the tzatziki
Top with the tomatoes, cucumber, feta, olives, and parsley.

Adding the layers
Cover and chill until ready to serve. Yes, it is that easy.

The bottom line: Will I make this again? Yep- it is a keeper.


No comments:

Post a Comment