Monday, July 11, 2011

Cheese Filled Hamburgers

Cheese filled hamburgers
Oh happy day! We went to the farmer's market today and bought tomatoes and free range grain and corn fed beef (from Circle JT Ranch). No antibiotics or hormones were used and the taste, in a word, amazing. I liked to support local farmers for several reasons: (1) the food tastes better; (2) you support the local economy; (3) you get to meet and talk with the people who grow/raise your food (it's the same food they feed to their family so you know it's good); and (4) did I mention the food tastes better? The difference is amazing. The bottom line is ingredients matter. The better the ingredients, the better your food will taste.

When we spoke with the Thompsons about their beef they told us their hamburger was like eating a steak burger. Were they right? Oh my goodness! Yes they were. It was amazing. All it needed was a little bit of salt, pepper, and cheese.

1 lb (.45 kg) of Ground Beef
1/2 Tsp of Pepper
1 Tsp of Salt
1/3 Cup (37 g) of Grated Cheese (I used a combination of mozzarella and monetary jack cheeses)

Mix the salt and pepper with the ground beef. Form a hamburger patty and place about a tablespoon of grated cheese in the center.
Filling a hamburger with cheese
Top with another patty and crimp the edges shut.
Getting hamburgers ready for the grill
Grill and eat. I like my hamburgers medium rare.
Grilling hamburgers
The bottom line: Will I make this again? Yes, I loved these. I really liked the cheese in the middle of the burger instead of on top. They were so good we ate them without any ketchup, mayo, or mustard.

No comments:

Post a Comment