Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Strawberry Sorbet

Strawberries and sugar
It is ridiculously hot out. I have a bunch of fresh strawberries that need to be used (and have some bad places in them). What to do? Make strawberry sorbet. I have a recipe that is easy and no boiling needed so I don't heat up my house. Also it makes a great drink-- just add a shot of rum and voilĂ  frozen drink goodness!

Strawberry Sorbet

9 oz (255 g) of Fresh Strawberries, Diced
3/4 Cup (169 g) of Sugar
1/4 Cup (60 ml) of Lemon Juice
1/4 Cup (60 ml) of Corn Syrup
2 Cups (480 ml) of Cold Water
Combine strawberries, sugar, and lemon juice and refrigerate for at least an hour. Puree the strawberries. Mix in the corn syrup and water.

Strawberries, lemon juice, and sugar.
Either put it in an ice cream machine and make sorbet or refrigerate the mixture until ready to make sorbet.
Strawberry mixture in the ice cream maker
 Trick for juicing a lemon: heat the lemon in the microwave for approximately 10 seconds and roll it around on the counter before juicing. I juice with a juicer I found at a flee market. I love it.
My favorite juicer.
The bottom line: Will I make this again? Yes, I will. I am hoping that Katie will take over the strawberry sorbet recipe and make it her own.

No comments:

Post a Comment