Friday, February 3, 2012

Superbowl Sunday Buffalo Chicken Dip

Buffalo chicken dip with veggies
I love Buffalo chicken wings. So full of deep fried spicy goodness. When my husband and I were dating, we went to wings night every Monday night at a local pub. They had great wings. Unfortunately, they no longer have wings night. This dip is my substitute for wing night. It has all of the yummy goodness of Buffalo chicken wings without the hassle of deep frying the chicken Actually, it is even easier than that. You just add the ingredients to a saucepan (or crockpot), heat, and enjoy. You could also bake it  (350F/176C/gas mark 4 for 20-30 minutes). When I bake this dip, I add some extra shredded cheese to the top. You can use canned chicken if you want to but I don't. Depending on the weather, I either grill, bake, boil, or boil the chicken. Yes, grilling takes more work but it adds another layer of flavor. This time I decided to boil the chicken (I made extra for chicken salad). I think this dip would be good without the chicken too. If you don't like blue cheese, then use ranch dressing.

1 lb (.45 kg) of Cooked Chicken, Chopped
2 (8 oz/227 g) Packages of Cream Cheese, Softened
Blue Cheese Dressing
1/2 Cup (120 ml) to 3/4 Cup (180 ml) of Frank's Red Hot Sauce
1 Cup (80 g) of Shredded Mozzarella or Jack Cheese

Everything but the chicken is added
Combine all ingredients in a large saucepan.
I like big pieces of chicken- if you don't finely shred the chicken
Heat over low heat while stirring frequently until heated through. Serve with chips and/or veggies.

The bottom line: will I make this again? Yes, the next time I am craving Buffalo chicken wings.

No comments:

Post a Comment