Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Blueberry Sorbet

Blueberry and strawberry sorbet
It's blueberry season!  I am not as crazy about blueberries as the rest of my family and that it a huge understatement.  I am crazy about blueberry sorbet. It is delicious.  It is fresh and full of flavor. It is more blueberry than blueberries.
I love this time of year. I am busy making all kinds of fruit sorbets. My all time favorite is watermelon sorbet but it is way too early for watermelon. I planted a watermelon plant this year hoping for fresh watermelon for sorbet. Meanwhile it is blueberry season and I believe in making the most of what's in season. This is definitely making the most of the blueberry season.

Blueberry Sorbet
5 Cups (700 g) of Blueberries
1/4 Cup (50 g) of Granulated Sugar
1/4 Cup (60 ml) of Honey
3 Tbsp of Lemon Juice

Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl, cover, and refrigerate overnight.
Blueberries, honey, sugar, and lemon
Puree the mixture.
Pureeing the blueberry mixture
Strain the puree- you will have to use a spatula or spoon to get all of the puree through the strainer.Be patient it takes a while.
Straining
 Process the sorbet according to your ice cream maker's directions.

That's it! The result amazing concentrated blueberry sorbet. The bottom line: will I make this again? Yes- it is incredible.

No comments:

Post a Comment