Monday, April 18, 2011

Chopped Salad

Chopped salad
To break our fast on Good Friday, I decided to make a meatless chopped salad. I thought it would be a great way to have fresh vegetables and I love chopped salad. I used my daughter's favorite salad dressing. It is an easy salad dressing to make and it is so good. You can add whatever vegetables are in season.

Dressing

1/3 Cup of Vegetable or Canola Oil
1/4 Cup of Seasoned Rice Vinegar
1 Tsp of Dijon Mustard
1 Clove of Garlic, Minced

Whisk dressing ingredients together and set aside.


Salad

1/2 Head of Green Leaf Lettuce (145 g), Chopped into Bite Sized Pieces 
1/4 Head of Cabbage (295 g) Chopped into Bite Sized Pieces
1/2 (40 g) of Sweet Onions, Diced
3/4 Cup of (120 g) of Tomatoes, Seeds Removed and Diced
3/4 Cup (100 g) of Cucumber, Seeds Removed and Diced
1 Cup (90g) of Mozzarella, Grated
1 Avocado, Diced


Chop all salad ingredients and toss with dressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment