Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Bread Salad

Bread salad
 After a hard day working in the garden, I wanted to use the herbs I planted and tended to. I had some leftover bread that needed to be used. It was an incredible loaf of bread- an oatmeal bread made with an oatmeal stout. You can use whatever bread you want. It is bread salad so choose wisely (no pressure!) Also the amounts are flexible, you add more or less of an ingredients. Or do what I do when I am not blogging, don't measure just add. My family loves this salad; they eat as much as I make. I can only imagine how good this is going to be with summer tomatoes....

Bread Salad

4 Cups of Stale Bread (205 g)
3 Tbsp of Fresh Herbs finely Chopped (I used Chives, Parsley, Rosemary and Thyme)
1/2 Cup of Good Quality Olive Oil
1/4 Cup of Vinegar (White Wine, Red Wine, or White Balsamic)
1 Cup (145 g) of Tomatoes, Diced
1 Cup (140 g) of Cucumbers, Diced

Toast the bread in a 325 F/165 C/ Gas Mark 3 oven for 10-20 minutes. Take out of oven place in a plastic bag and add olive oil, herbs, and vinegar.

Marinate for 20 minutes and then add tomatoes and cucumbers.


Marinate for 10 minutes and serve.

The bottom line: Will I make this again? Yes, especially since I seem to be going through a bread-making phase and I always seem to have extra bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment