Friday, October 7, 2011

Big Bob Gibson's White Sauce

Smoked chicken with white sauce
 While I was going up, my family moved to different regions of the country. This provided me with the opportunity to fall in love with all kinds of food. One of my first experiences with barbecue was Big Bob Gibson BBQ in Decatur, Alabama. It wasn't their ribs that I loved, but their smoked chicken with white sauce. My family loves this sauce and we use it on pork as well as chicken. But the smoked chicken with white sauce is my favorite. Here is my version of their sauce. 

White Sauce for Chicken

1 Cup (239 g) of Mayonnaise (Some people swear by Miracle Whip instead of mayo but I use Hellmann's Light Mayo)
1/2 Cup (120 ml) of Apple Cider Vinegar
1/2 Tsp to 1 Tsp Prepared Horseradish
1/4 Tsp Cayenne
1 Tsp Salt
1/2 Tsp Freshly Ground Pepper

Combine all of the ingredients in a jar with a lid and shake to combine.
A jar of my version of Big Bob Gibson's BBQ sauce
Refrigerate for at least an hour. Baste the chicken with the white sauce a couple minutes before removing from the grill, use as a dipping sauce for chicken, or mix with shredded chicken.
Smoked chicken ready for sauce!
We use it as a dipping sauce for pulled pork. It is also good as a coleslaw sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment