Thursday, October 27, 2011

Green Tomato Salsa

Green tomatoes
I love salsas. I especially love salsas my husband makes. He did not make this one, I did. But it was easy to make. The green tomatoes are firm and easy to chop. We have a lot of green tomatoes; the summer was just too hot and the tomatoes did not start producing until late in the season. It is a good thing that I love green tomatoes.  I used my beloved yellow peppers in this dish. I have a pitcher full and more on the way.

Green Tomato Salsa

1 Cup (155 g) of Diced Green Tomatoes
2 Large Cloves (10 g) of Garlic, Minced
1/4 Cup (5 g) of Cilantro, Thinly Sliced
1 Hot Pepper, Finely Diced
3 Tbsp of Lime Juice
1/2 Tsp Salt
1/2 Tsp of Sugar

Green tomato salsa
Combine all ingredients in a nonreactive bowl. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate.
I have a pitcher of spicy lemon peppers so I used them in this salsa
The bottom line: Will I make this again? Yes. I love this.

No comments:

Post a Comment