Sunday, November 3, 2013

Cheese Olive Puffs

Cheese Olive Puffs
I like these a bit spicy. I make a double batch of these and freeze them.  Right now, I have a whole bunch of these in my freezer ready for last minute guests or a special occasion.

Cheese Olive Puffs

2 Cups (225 g) of Grated Cheddar Cheese
1/4 Cup (58 g) of Butter
1/2 Cup (63 g) of Flour
1/4 Tsp of Salt
1/2 Tsp of Paprika
Cayenne Pepper, to Taste
24 Pimento Stuffed Olives

Mix all of the ingredients together except for the olives.


Pinch off a bit of dough and wrap it around the olive. Place the dough covered olive on a cookie sheet. Bake in a 400F/204C/Gas Mark 6 oven for 10-15.

Or freeze on the cookie tray and then transfer to a plastic bag. When ready to serve, do not defrost, place on a cookie tray and bake in a 400F/204C/Gas Mark 6 oven for 20 minutes.

The bottom line, will I make these again? Yes, I love these. I might have make them a bit to spicy this last time.  Next time I am going to try using smoked paprika.


No comments:

Post a Comment