Sunday, September 4, 2011

Grilled Salsa

Grilled salsa
 Ok. I guess I am on a salsa kick. If the roasted salsa is the easiest salsa I make, this is the prettiest. If I want to make a meal out of it, I just add cold pasta and instant pasta salad. It is great with chips, quesadillas, chicken, or just out of the bowl. It is also great as a quesadilla filling.
Make sure you add the salt, it enhances the cumin. Have you ever notice that cumin, a spice I love, smells like dirty gym socks? Maybe it is just me.

Grilled Salsa

3 Ears of Fresh Corn
1 Large (150 g) Sweet Onion, Cut in Half
1 Red, Yellow, or Green Bell Pepper, Cut in Half
2 Large (440 g) Tomatoes, Diced
1-2 Hot Peppers, Diced
3 Cloves of Garlic, Minced
1/4 C (5 g) Chopped Cilantro
1/2 Tsp of Salt
1/4 Tsp of Cumin
1 Tsp of Vegetable or Canola Oil
1 Tsp of Freshly Squeezed Lime Juice

Grill (over indirect heat) the corn, onion, and pepper for 8-10 minutes.
Grilled corn, peppers, and onions.
Cut the corn off of the cob and dice the onion and pepper. Combine the grilled veggies with the remaining ingredients.
The tomatoes and black beans are beautiful together
Cover and chill for about an hour. Enjoy!

The bottom line: Will I make this again? Yes. It is so good that we ate the entire bowl in less than 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment