Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Nestle Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie

A slice of chocolate chip cookie pie
 I read a murder mystery novel, where the main character made pies. I finished the book and all I could think about was, you guessed it, pies. The first of a series of pies I made was chocolate chip cookie pie. Oh my was it good. It is easier to make than chocolate chip cookies and so much better. You need to make this pie. I would like to thank the good people at Nestle for creating this recipe. I only made slight changes to it. If you want to see the original it is available here.



Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie

1 Unbaked 9-inch (23 cm) Pie Crust
2 Large Eggs
1/2 Cup (63 g) Unbleached Flour
1/2 Cup (100 g) Granulated Sugar
1/2 Cup (109 g) Packed Brown Sugar
3/4 Cup (1 1/2 sticks/170 g) Butter, Softened
1 Tsp of Vanilla
1 Cup (6 oz/170 g) Milk Chocolate Chips or Chunks
1 Cup (120 g) Chopped Walnuts

Preheat the oven to 325F/162C/ Gas Mark 3.

Place pie crust in pie dish. Beat the eggs in large mixer bowl on high speed until foamy. Beat in flour and sugars. Once combined, beat in butter and vanilla. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
Gently stirring (or folding) in the nuts and chocolate
Spoon into pie shell.
Ready for the oven
Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until a knife inserted halfway between edge and center comes out clean. Cool and then eat. (Actually I did not wait until it was cool - it was still warm and gooey).

The bottom line: Will I make this again? Yes, I will but I will make it for a party so I don't eat all of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment