Thursday, December 22, 2011

Pineapple Salsa


Fresh pineapple
It may be a bit nontraditional but I decided to have pineapple salsa with our Christmas ham. Ham and pineapple go so well together and I am particularly fond of pineapple salsa. What's not to like? It is a lovely taste of summer during a dreary winter. I will be be using one of my all time favorite lemon peppers but any hot pepper will work. I usually serve this with Thai food but it went well with the ham.

Pineapple Salsa
2/3 Cup (125 g) of Red Onions, Diced
1/4 Cup (10 g) of Cilantro, Finely Chopped
1 Cucumber, Peeled and Diced
1 Pineapple, Diced
1 Hot Pepper, Finely Chopped
1 Clove of Garlic, Minced
Juice of One Lime
The pineapple salsa all mixed together
Mix together and let stand for 30 minutes.
Pineapple salsa ready to serve
The bottom line: will I make this again? Yes, it was great with the ham. Once you get all of the chopping done, it is remarkably easy to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment