Saturday, November 5, 2011

Blue Cheese Filled and Bacon Wrapped Hamburgers

Bacon blue cheese hamburger and salads
I love grilled hamburgers. What could be better? Adding blue cheese and bacon.  I usually fill my hamburgers with a mixture of monetary jack cheese and mozzarella cheese. But we were out so I decided to use blue cheese and bacon.

Bacon Wrapped Blue Cheese Filled Hamburgers

1 Lb (.45 kg) of Hamburger
Season Salt, To Taste
Black Pepper, To Taste
3 Tbsp of Blue Cheese
3 Strips of Bacon

Preheat gas grill or prepare a charcoal grill. Make 6 hamburgers patties. Season hamburger patties with season salt and pepper. Place about a tablespoon sized piece of blue cheese in the center of every other hamburger patty.
Patties ready to be pressed together
Top each blue cheese hamburger patty with another patty. Press together. Wrap a strip of bacon around each hamburger and secure with tooth picks.
Wrapped in bacon

Grill hamburgers until desired doneness. I like my hamburgers medium rare.
Grilled hamburger
The bottom line: Will I make this again? Yes, I will for Steven and I. Katie did not like these. She likes the mozzarella filled hamburgers.

No comments:

Post a Comment